This recipe is SO simple and quick! Great for a busy weeknight! The ingredients are simple and you most likely have everything you need in your kitchen already! The salsa and tinfoil keeps the chicken moist and the flavors are amazing! This recipe is definitely a staple in my house!
- 4 Chicken Breasts or Chicken Tenders Thawed (or as much needed for your family)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Can Mexican Corn (regular corn works too)
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- Seasoning to taste
- Cookie Sheet
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cut a rectangle piece of tinfoil for each piece of chicken (large enough to make a pocket for chicken to sit in)
- Lay each piece of chicken on individual tinfoil squares and season with salt, pepper & garlic salt.
- Top chicken with Salsa & Corn making sure to cover the entire chicken.
This part can be a little confusing until you get down the folding techniques*
- Make sure chicken is centered in the middle of the foil.
- Take the two sides that are longer and pull to the top making a triangle (Picture 1)
- Fold the Ends of the of the tinfoil, making a pocket.(Picture 2)
- You should be left with an opening in the middle where you later open and add cheese.
- Place all the individual pockets of chicken on a cookie sheet.(Picture 3)
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked
- Open Tinfoil and add cheese to the tops of each chicken breast.
- Reseal the top of the tinfoil and put back into the oven until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes)
I love serving this dish with mashed potatoes. Its quick and easy and very filling! You can make your own mashed potatoes or use store bought instant potatoes!