Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January Favorites!


Here are some products I have been really loving this month! And the best part? You can find all of these things at the DRUGSTORE! I'm usually not a fan of drugstore products, but these are the ones that REALLY work!


1. Garnier Moisture Rescue Cleanser - This cleanser is sooo awesome if you have dry skin like me! It leaves your face feeling clean and fresh as well as moisturized! I personally cannot use a cleanser with salicylic acid in it because it is too drying on my skin, but this cleanser is perfect! It is very gentle and has a great scent! I've been using it for about a year already and love it. I always use it with my CLARISONIC MIA 2, but you can use your hands or how ever you like to wash your face. It does break down make-up but I recommend removing your make-up first with either cleansing wipes or a cleans-off oil. 

2. Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask - This mask is something I use when I feel like my skin needs a good deep cleaning. Usually I use this once a week. I love clay masks, they are cooling and really make my skin feel detoxed. This is a very affordable mask. I found mine at Target. It also lasts a very long time! You get 4.2 OZ and a little goes a long way! 

3. RIMMEL Scandaleyes Waterproff Kohl Liner - I LOVE this liner! I used to be a die hard fan of the Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion, but one day I ran out and needed a good liner quick from the drug store... This is a TOTAL DUPE for the UD 24/7 Liner! So creamy but it is waterproof so it doesn't smudge or budge throughout the day! And the best part is.. its a THIRD of the price! Although there aren't as many colors to choose from like the UD liners, the RIMMEL liners are great for everyday wear!

RIMMEL Lash Accelerator Mascara - I also purchased this mascara when I got he Kohl liner^^ I had heard really great things about this mascara but I wasn't sure about it. I don't tend to care much for drugstore mascaras. My staple mascaras are the "Benefit They're REAL" and "TART Amazonian Clay" , but I thought I would give it a try and I LOVE it! Really gives me length and volume as well as separating my lashes! I do recommend using a waterproof mascara underneath if your lashes don't hold a curl like mine. But overall a great drugstore mascara!!

4. L'oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Day/Night Moisturizer & Serum - I had been starting to hear some talk about this L'oreal Line of skincare on YouTube and it really intrigued me. I have larger pores and an uneven texture and coloration over my whole face. So I went to Target and picked this up. They were $19.99 each, (probably cheaper at WALMART) The first night I used both products, my face felt like it was peeling off, but I think that was just because it was "Texture Perfecting", but that only happened the first time using it. I use the Moisturizer Day and Night, and the Serum only at night. Aaannndd I LOVE IT! I've only been using it for a short time, but I have noticed a change in my skin! My redness has been diminished, as well as my cheeks being much smoother. My make-up application has improved and so far I am very happy with the outcome! 

5. Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner - Lately I have been dealing with a very dry scalp. I think just because of the dry cold weather in the Washington area.. I have tried everything trying to get my scalp moisturized but nothing has worked. I usually use the Organix Argan Oil Repair Mask, but thought I would try the Conditioner. So instead of using this on my ends I put this all over my scalp and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then rinsed with cool water and it really helped to moisturize my scalp! Granted the moisture did not last until my next hair wash (I only wash my hair every 3 or so days to protect my hair) but it really did help give my scalp the moisture that it was craving!! 


Hope you enjoyed today's post!
Don't forget to SHARE and FOLLOW!

xoxo, Michelle  

No comments:

Post a Comment