Friday, April 4, 2014

Mom's Spanish Green Beans:


This is such a simple and quick dinner that uses ingredients that you probably already have! My mother made this while I was growing up, and it was always one of my favorites! I've been researching this recipe and I haven't found any that are made the same as this one.

Now, I admit this is NOT the most aesthetically pleasing dish to look at, but the flavors of the dish are amazing!!

This is a really hearty, delicious, meal that is quick to prepare! Great for moms who have a lot of people to feed, or students who need something quick and easy that still tastes like your mom made it! 
Enjoy!! <3



Ingredients:


  • 1 lb. Ground Hamburger
  • 1 Can Green Beans(Drained) 
  • 1 Can Tomato Sauce
  • 1 6oz. Can Tomato Paste
  • Sugar to taste (about a tablespoon)
  • Salt&Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Spicy Seasoning (optional)
  • Mashed Potatoes

Total Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes





Instructions:

  1. Start by browning your hamburger in a 10" x 2" skillet on Med-High heat. Season your hamburger with Salt&Pepper, Garlic & Spicy seasoning.
  2. After your hamburger is completely cooked, reduce heat to Medium.
  3. Add in tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir
  4. The sauce will be very bitter because of the tomato paste, so add sugar until the sauce is not bitter. Start with a teaspoon, stir, taste, add more as needed. (I usually use about a tablespoon)
  5. Add in drained green beans. Stir
  6. Let simmer on Low-Med Heat for 10-15 mins, or until green beans are piping hot.
  7. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Tips:
  • Any time I cook hamburger, no matter what I'm cooking, I ALWAYS use these seasonings! They give the hamburger a great flavor!
  • For quick and easy mashed potatoes I love using the Idahoan Instant mashed potatoes.
  • You can use fresh green beans instead of canned, just be sure to cook them first!
  • This makes great leftovers! 
Hope you enjoyed today's post
Don't forget to SHARE and FOLLOW

xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment