This is such a simple and quick dinner that uses ingredients that you probably already have! My mother made this while I was growing up, and it was always one of my favorites! I've been researching this recipe and I haven't found any that are made the same as this one.
Now, I admit this is NOT the most aesthetically pleasing dish to look at, but the flavors of the dish are amazing!!
This is a really hearty, delicious, meal that is quick to prepare! Great for moms who have a lot of people to feed, or students who need something quick and easy that still tastes like your mom made it!
- 1 lb. Ground Hamburger
- 1 Can Green Beans(Drained)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 6oz. Can Tomato Paste
- Sugar to taste (about a tablespoon)
- Garlic Powder
- Spicy Seasoning (optional)
- Mashed Potatoes
Total Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Start by browning your hamburger in a 10" x 2" skillet on Med-High heat. Season your hamburger with Salt&Pepper, Garlic & Spicy seasoning.
- After your hamburger is completely cooked, reduce heat to Medium.
- Add in tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir
- The sauce will be very bitter because of the tomato paste, so add sugar until the sauce is not bitter. Start with a teaspoon, stir, taste, add more as needed. (I usually use about a tablespoon)
- Add in drained green beans. Stir
- Let simmer on Low-Med Heat for 10-15 mins, or until green beans are piping hot.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Any time I cook hamburger, no matter what I'm cooking, I ALWAYS use these seasonings! They give the hamburger a great flavor!
- For quick and easy mashed potatoes I love using the Idahoan Instant mashed potatoes.
- You can use fresh green beans instead of canned, just be sure to cook them first!
- This makes great leftovers!
Hope you enjoyed today's post
Don't forget to SHARE and FOLLOW